Composite Decking Cleaning Solutions & Materials Needed
You can also use a number of organic, homemade cleaning products on your deck, whether it’s made of natural wood or composite. Here are a few samples of what I mean:
- Cleaning a wood or plastic deck with only warm water is safe and easy
- Using oxygen bleach or powdered oxygen laundry cleaner to remove mold and spores When washing your floor, be sure to use oxygen bleach rather than chlorine bleach, as chlorine bleach will weaken the structural quality of your wood deck
- When combined with a little warm water, liquid dish soap (without ammonia) is safe to use on your deck. Combining ammonia and bleach can produce toxic gases if done otherwise. Using a swab, smear the paste on the deck and wipe it off with spray until it’s thoroughly combined.
Use a solution of vinegar, baking soda, and water to disinfect wood and composite decking safely.
How to Clean a Composite Deck
A little maintenance and cleaning will go a long way in ensuring that your deck retains its elegance and functionality.
The very first step is to clean the deck of any existing mildew, rust, or stains. When it comes to cleaning the wpc decking, I highly recommend using a power washer instead of a garden hose and scrub brush. A power washer can not only complete the task faster than scrubbing by hand, but it will also do so in a cleaner manner.
Keep in mind for something that isn’t washed during the cleaning process would be difficult to remove after the job is done. As a result, take your time in absolutely sweeping the deck.
Water, soap, baking soda, and chlorine (for mold) are what you’ll need to make your eco-friendly composite deck cleaner, as well as a gentle pressure control washer (3100 psi) and/or soft bristle brush to scrub clutter, soil, and other stains. People should set aside a limited amount of time on a daily basis to brush up any dust and keep their deck clean.
3 easy cleaning steps
- Step 1: Spray your deck with pre-spray to get it ready.
- Step 2: Spray and rinse the area with soapy water. After spraying each deck board with soapy water, lightly clean it with a soft bristle brush.
- Step 3: Give it a thorough cleaning.
Give the deck a thorough cleaning after you’ve scrubbed it with a little elbow grease.
This cleaning technique could not be able to clear the stain if the stain or substance is rare. If this occurs, contact the deck maker for a list of cleaners that have been accepted by them.
Manufacturers of composite decking have an approved list of cleaners for their products, which varies over time. It is important to follow their approved list of cleaners because failing to do so can cause harm to your decking or void of your warranties.
Mold and mildew
Mold will feed on the biofilm if debris such as pollen and soil is left to stay on the deck surface. It’s best to scrape the food source and mold with a hose and wet and soapy water.
For ice and snow
Snow can be removed from the deck with a rubber scoop. Use calcium chloride or rock salt to melt the snow and ice from the deck floor.